Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life at Bristol...

It has been almost one week since I first stepped on the land named Bristol… Departed from KLIA on 15 Sept at 10.05am Malaysia time… The 13-hour journey was indeed tiring… The feeling of uncertainty and excitement filled my mind… Reached Heathrow Airport, London at 11pm Malaysia time… Waited for more than an hour to get through the custom… There were really many students arriving on the same day… There were UWE ambassadors who were already waiting for us at the airport… Took a coach to Bristol… Again the journey took us about 2hours to reach Bristol from London… Here’s a recap of what has been happening…

15/09/2008
Tory came and picked us up at UWE together with Eng Soon… Headed to the city to buy duvet… Got the keys to my house… Sprina and Jocelyne put up a night at my house as their landlord couldn’t pass them their keys on that day… Quite satisfied with the condition of my room… Spacious room and spacious bathroom… Haha… Unpacked my luggage, bathed and zzzzzz…. Tiring day as I had a bad jetlag…

16/09/2008
Woke up quite early… Around 6.15am Bristol time… Can’t sleep… Haha… Gave mummy a call and cried… Imagine I cried when I told Sprina I want to call home… Haiz… Shame on me… Got ready to go out… Had breakfast at McD… Met Siang Chuan and another senior there… They are working there… Forgotten our passport and progression certificate.. Went back home, took it and went to UWE… Went to Sprina’s house after that… Their landlord fetched us to Ikea… Bought some necessities there… Tory came and fetched us back after that… Had dinner at McD as it is near to Woolsworth… Went there to stock up whatever is necessary… Still feeling the jetlag… Imagine I feel sleepy when it’s only 4pm at Bristol… Sigh… Slept quite early… Tired…

17/09/2008
Today we are going to UWE for the induction and campus tour… Gathered at the bus stop at 8.30am and walked to UWE… After luch, we went to the city… Bought myself a prepaid sim card to be used here temporarily… Headed back home after coming back from city… Had a late dinner at McD again with Eric and Sprina… It’s getting colder and colder here… I managed to force myself to sleep at 11.30pm… :P

18/09/2008
Woke up quite early… Around 7am.. Called back home to ask mummy to send me some stuff… Surprisingly, I didn’t cry… Met Eric and Sprina at King George to walk to UWE… I just accompanied them to hand in their bank application form… Went to Sainsbury’s after that… Bought chicken, mushroom, vegetables and spaghetti… That will be my dinner for a few days… Able to go online so had a chat in msn for a while… Cooked spaghetti for my dinner… First attempt… It wasn’t that bad la… Haha… Oh ya… I finally see sun in Bristol… It’s a sunny day today...

19/09/2008
Managed to sleep in till 9am… Ed came at 10am… Signed the contract… Asked him about the internet but he knew nothing.. Nvm… I’ll just wait for Ann to come back… Met Sprina at King George again to walk to UWE… Had my bank account number… Banked in those bank draft that I brought here… Hopefully will get access to the money asap… I m going broke… Still owe Tory money… Haiz… Went to Sainsbury’s again to restock… Went back home quite early… Went online and chatted with my small sis back home… Saw mummy and three small sis through webcam… Haiz… Cried again… Chatted for quite some time... After going offline, went to prepare dinner again… Had spaghetti but with different ingredients this time… Haha… I’ll come up with Shi Hui’s Special Spaghetti soon… Haha… Btw, it’s a hot hot day today… :)
Will keep you guys updated.. Take care and miss ya...

Shi Hui~~

No comments: