Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dublin Trip 19-22 February 2009...

Finally, finally, finally... If I am not going to write this today, I don't think I will have the mood to do that anymore... But I wouldn't want to be smacked by anyone here, I am forcing my fingers to do the typing and at the same time my brain to do the reflection...

Leprechaun... The ji xiang wu of Dublin... =D I mean the hat, not me...

Okok... The Dublin trip was organised by my friend, Wan Lin who plans to go there and visit her friend, Hong... So she asked us whether to join the trip or not... Without hesitating, I agreed to go because it's Westlife's hometown... Hahaha... We left Bristol on Thurday afternoon because we need to take a cab to the airport which is one hour from the place we are staying, Filton... Our flight is at around 7pm... The journey to Dublin is about 1 hour only...

Spot my double chin... Wakaka... We are in the flight to Dublin, by the way...

A must take photo at Dublin... Spot the building which looks like needle...
From left to right : Siok Kuan, Shi Hui, Nicole, Pay Chee, Huay Jiun, Wan Lin & Chi Ying..
Guess how many of them are my darling??? Hehe... =P

The customs at Bristol Airport is so troublesome... Have to take out so many things... Fine with it... The first fright we got when we reached Dublin was the landing of the plane... Scary enough to make your heart jumped out... After that, I was being interrogated by the custom officer for quite some time... Maybe I have some face problem... Sigh... Annoying enough... Took our luggage and then took a bus to somewhere which I have no idea... But the place is within walking distance to Hong's place... So, we waited for him there... Put the luggage at his place and we went for dinner... The highlight of Thursday night is the dinner part... Hahaha... Had char kway tiao which cost me 10 euros... Hahaha... Super duper expensive and satisfying... Although it is not the original type that is available in Malaysia, it is sufficient to satisfy my taste bud... Too tired... After dinner then we went home.. Rested and chatted at home...
*Sorry... No picture of the char kway tiao... Too hungry...

Some very random and silly pictures... =D

Behind us is the Lovers' Bridge...


Very very random... Spot the 3 models at the back... Wakaka...

The next morning, we had Irish breakfast... It's the same as English breakfast I think... Sausages, egg, bread, etc... Nothing special about that... After the breakfast, we went to The Body's exhibition... Hahaha... The name speaks of itself... It's about human bodies... Dead bodies were preserved and being cut here and there to enable us to see the organs, muscles, bones, etc... Sounds scary but it's not as scary as I perceived it to be... At least I learnt quite a lot from it... After the exhibition, we went to Jameson Distillery... Jameson is a type of whisky... We chose to visit this instead of Guinness... Don't know why... It's a nice place... And I was chosen to be one of the tester... In the end, I received a certificate stating that I am a qualified whisky tester... So funny... After visiting that distillery, we went for a walk at some streets there... Had dinner at one of the pubs... Nice dinner... Hehe... After dinner, it's about walking again... But we reached another pub to have some drinks because Hong is going to introduce some beer...

That's the Irish breakfast... =D



Notice the left hand side of the background...
That is where the exhibition is held...

Jameson Distillery...

Sorry... I can't remember which stage this is...

Boohooo...

And my certificate...



The dinner... Stew beef with Guinness...

Saturday morning, we had breakfast at some Chinese shop serving dim sum... The best thing about the breakfast is the you tiao... Nothing else... Today is shopping day... But the whole morning was wasted on the road and waiting for bus... The bus services in Dublin is so inefficient... Ended up have to take luas... Something like I have no idea how to explain it... Tram??? LRT??? MRT??? Train??? Whatever it is, it is called LUAS... We went to this largest shopping mall in Dublin... Big enough but didn't really buy because it's not worth spending euros on something you can get in pounds... Hahaha... But I ended up with a jacket also... Another highlight of the trip is Jo's Burger... It's a yummy yummy and big burger... Omg... The tastiest burger I had ever had... The thought of it can make me drool... After a big burger, we headed to Hard Rock Cafe for some desserts... Hahahaha... How not to gain weight in Dublin??? It's a food paradise... After that, walk here and there again... We headed to another drinking place after Hard Rock Cafe to have a try on their local beer... Sweat... Being asked for identity at the entrance... We looked too young... Wakaka....

The breakfast... Forgot to take the you tiao picture...


This is Jo's Burger... Yummy...



Hard Rock Cafe, Dublin...

Outside Jo's Burger...


Sinful desserts...

Not forgetting souvenirs and photo taking... And I had the nicest hot chocolate in Dublin as well... Gosh... That's why the trip is so fun because the food there is really nice... Oh ya... we witnessed a demonstration at Dublin as well... It's about those people protesting against the government paying money to the bank to get out of the recession... Sigh..

Best hot chocolate I ever had...

Came back to Bristol on Sunday morning... Had another fright when we reached Bristol airport due to the landing again... Super no skill... Sigh... By the way, we nearly missed the flight back to Bristol... That's the worst fright I guess... Imagine the plane has shifted and it's no longer parked at the departure gate... Hahaha... So funny...

Overall, the trip is fun and nice... Dublin is mostly about walking... It should be sufficient to burn the calorie we had there... Hmmm... Next trip should be Manchester and Birmingham... In planning stage now... Holidays coming really really soon... Take care people... Miss ya... Muacksss...

Shi Hui~~
P/S : More pictures available at Facebook... =D

No comments: